What does a racehorse trainer do?
A racehorse trainer conditions and prepares thoroughbred racehorses to be fit and competitive enough to enter and win horse races. Steven Burridge Racing Stables charges (Training + Upkeep + Vitamins + Veterinary + Entry fees + Shoeing + optional upgrades) for fees.
- Plan suitable races and enter horses
- Advise the jockey on race strategy
- Regular update of training progress to owners
- Schedule workouts, health care appointments
- Grooming including shoeing
- Exercises includes Hand walking, Horse walker, Treadmill or Swimming
- Ensure quality feed