Buying and maintaining a racehorse needs a lot of patience in reaping results. It takes time for a racehorse to adapt to a new environment and training regime before it gains momentum for a rewarding time on the race tracks.
Determine the budget to purchase and what type of horse you want to own
- Unraced horse
- Trained and ready to race.
- Can purchase at auctions by Magic Millions, Inglis Bloodstock and New Zealand Bloodstock sales.
- Only 3 years and under are eligible to race in Singapore
- Starting from around $25,000 to $200,000 or above
- Raced Horse
- Experienced in races abroad.
- Has a track record.
- Only 6 years old and under are eligible to race in Singapore
- Starting from around $60,000 to $300,000 or above
- Young horses bought overseas (For example: Australia, New Zealand and England) based on breed and pedigree.
- Need to be maintained and pre-trained overseas before brought to Singapore.
- From 2 years old onwards
- Anything up to $15,000 or above